You Will Need:
6-7 Large Stalks of Rhubarb
500 ml Water (5 dl)
2/3- 1 cup White Sugar (1½- 2½ dl)
3 tbs Potato Flour/ Starch
- Peel the toughest outer skin of the rhubarb and cut into slices ½ inch thick.
- In a large pan, bring water and sugar(start by only adding 2/3 cup of sugar) to the boil.
- Add your cut rhubarb and leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes. The rhubarb pieces should only just starting to fall apart.
- Take the pan off the heat. Taste the rhubarb mix, if it is very sour add more sugar and taste again. Remeber this is NOT a sweet, but ment to be a little tangy.
- Mix your potato flour/ starch with a splash of water to create a slurry.
- Add the slurry slowly to your rhubarb while stirring alot to avoid lumps.
- Put your pan back on the heat for a few seconds. When the first bubble appears, take off the heat again.
- Now cool your Rhubarb Cream and enjoy eating later.
- Store cool and eat cool.