Friday, July 29, 2011

Raw Chocolate/Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream

I have seen recipes before using frozen bananas as the base for the ice cream, always been sceptical, until I decided to try it out. WOW! Was it one of the best tries ever, so creamy and rich, never what I would have expected of a frozen banana ice cream. So here is my recipe, please try it out, even if your like me...a little sceptical at first.



You will need: (makes 1 large serving or 2 small)
2 Ripe Bananas
2 tbs Raw Cocoa Powder (dark european style)
1-2 tsp Raw Vanilla Sugar (use a few drops raw vanilla essence if vanilla sugar isn't available)
Optional: 1 tbs Golden Syrup or Raw Agave Nectar/Syrup


  • Cut the bananas into slices and spread them in a single layer in a freezer bag or between two layers of cling film. Leave them in the freezer for 1-3 hours.
  • Once your bananas are frozen add them and the rest of the ingredients into a blender and mix until smooth and creamy.
  • Serve straight away!
  • Enjoy.

This ice cream can be altered into all different flavours, try adding chocolate chunks or fresh berries.







6 comments:

  1. This looks delicious. Ughhh must try now! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE banana ice cream! Summer (and winter, who am I kidding?) just isn't right without it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lijewi: Let me know if you try it out and what you think :) I love it and will warn you....it is addictive ;) YUM!

    Allysia: Yeah summer, winter, autumn and spring banana ice cream is a win :)

    Thanks to you both for commenting

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the way I have been enjoying vegan soft serve for some time. http://www.cookeatdelicious.com/vegan-recipes/vegan-soft-serve-recipe.html I add in some soy milk though and will refreeze if needed. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just made for the littles. They loved it and gobbled it down. I got a taste too...wish they hadn't liked it so much. None left over for me, :-).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very addictive ;) Hope you get some next time.

      //Emma @The Vegan Swedes

      Delete