Today is waffle day in Sweden. Tasty tasty vegan waffles.
You Will Need:
- 2½dl (1cup) Water
- 2dl (0.8cup) Dairy Free Cooking Cream or Non Dairy Milk
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 3½dl (1½cup) Plain Flour
- 2tsp Baking Powder
- ½dl (1/4cup) melted Dairy Free Margarine or plain cooking oil.
Savoury Toppings: Vegan Sour Cream, Salt, Pepper, Red Onion, Chives, Dill and Seaweed Caviar.
(Waffle iron to cook your waffles in)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. While whisking add the liquids. (the melted margarine must have cooled down before adding to the batter) Keep on stirring while adding to avoid the batter getting lumps.
- Leave the batter to "swell" for 5-10 minutes.
- Whip your vegan whip cream with the sugars or if you are making savoury waffles mix your sour cream with salt, pepper, chives and dill.
- Now that your waffle batter has rested, cook them in your hot waffle iron.
- Eat the waffles warm straight out of the waffle iron.