The car ride takes two hours, we then walk around the market, covering the small town of Åsele. We have fika on the way up, after the market and then drive for two hours getting back home again. This might sound weird, but the stop on the way up, all the weird things you can buy at the market and the possibility to see reindeers make it all worth the trip.
Me & my sister-in-law Emily taking photos at the fika-rest-stop
This year in our fika-bag I packed panriche-sandwiches made with lettuce, cucumber and garlic/parsley cream cheese, refreshing beverages and the...the...ba ba baaa...Vegan Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cheesecake!!! Oh it was so good.
Here is the recipe
You will need:
- 2 dl (0.8 cup) Cookie or Biscuit Crumbs (like digestives)
- 1 dl (0.4 cup) Brown Sugar (Farinsocker in sweden)
- 1 dl (0.4 cup) melted Vegan Margarine
- 2½-3 dl (1-1 1/4 cup) Soy Cream Cheese (I use a brand called Tofuline, but Tofutti is good too)
- 1 dl (0.4 cup)White Sugar
- 1 dl (0.4 cup)Soy Milk
- 2 tbs Golden Syrup
- 1 tbs Corn- or Potato Flour (in some countries called corn- or potato starch)
- 1 tsp Vanilla (vanilla sugar or extract)
- 100g Vegan Chocolate (crushed)
- Blend or stir together crumbs, margarine and brown sugar. Evenly spread the mix into a pie dish (spring tin, with removable sides) and bake at 250C/480F for about 10 minutes. Let the base cool.
- Mix the ingredients for the filling and spread evenly in pie shell.
- Bake at 250C/480F for 10 minutes, then lower temperature to 180C/355F and bake about 15 - 20 minutes.
- Let the cake cool completely and decorate with thin slices or grated chocolate.
I bought a Canada hoodie at the Åsele market, I say it is like Sweden but with them speaking english and french.
We both have hockey!, nature and animals that are similar.