This blueberry pie is, to me, the tastiest of pies. Crunchy crumble with warm, sweet blueberries.
You will need:
1.5dl (2/3 cup) + 0.5dl (1/4 cup) Sugar, 2dl (3/4cup) Oats, ½ tsp Baking powder, 2dl (3/4cup) Plain Flour, 100g Dairy Free Margarine, 1tbs Potato or Corn Starch & 250g Blueberries. (round shallow pie tin)
- Mix 1.5dl (2/3cups) of sugar with oats, baking powder, plain flour and the dairy free margarine.
- The mixture should have small crumbs with no lumps of margarine left. I find using my hands and crushing the lumps with my fingers to be the easiest way.
- In a new bowl mix the blueberries with the potato starch and 0.5dl (1/4cup) of sugar.
- Grease the pie tin and add 2/3 of the crumble mixture. Gently tap the mixture until it forms a base. Stir the blueberries once more before adding the mix on top of the pie base.
- Finish off by adding the rest of the crumble mix. Do not press the crumble mixture down, just let it sit loose on top, it will form a better crumble after baking.
- Bake in the oven for 15min on 250C / 480F
- Serve with vanilla sauce or vanilla ice-cream, vegan options of course
Brands I recommend in this blog are: