Very tasty when the rice soaks up a lot of the coconut sauce. This dish can be cooked on a very slim budget, seeing as you can use fresh, tinned or frozen vegetables.
Coconut Pot With Mixed Veggies and Rice
You will need:
2 tins of Coconut Milk, 1 tin (400g) of Chickpeas, ½ a head of Broccoli, ½ a head of Cauliflower, 1 tin (400g) of Beansprouts, 1 tin of Bamboo Shoots, 1 bag of Spinach, 1 large Brown Onion, 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes, Herb Salt, Black Pepper, Chili Flakes & Basmati Rice.
- Cut the broccoli and cauliflower into bouquets. Dice the onion and start frying all of the vegetables in a preheated pan using a vegetable oil of your choice.
- Add the vegetable stock cubes, black pepper, herb salt and chili flakes.
- Stir while adding the coconut milk, once all mixed, add finely sliced spinach (or 5 cubes of prechopped frozen spinach)
- Cook the basmati rice according to the directions on the packet
- Taste! Add more spices if needed, but be careful with the salt
- Once the broccoli and cauliflower are soft and the rice is cooked, the meal is ready to enjoy
Brands I recommend in this blog are:
- A. Vogel, Herbamare (healthy herb salt)