You will need:
175g Vegan Margarine, 2tbs Light/Golden Syrup, 3dl (1 1/3 cup) Sugar, 1dl (0.4 cup) Cacao Powder (dark european style), 3dl (1 1/3 cup) Plain Flour and 1 1/4dl (½ cup) Dairy Free Cream. (margarine and plain bread crumbs for the tin)
- Melt the margarine and add the light/golden syrup to it and mix.
- Add the sugar to your margarine mixture.
- Add that to a bowl and start adding your cacao and flour, alternating it with adding your cream.
- Mix until it's all combined into a thick and smooth chocolate mess.
- Grease your tin with margarine and sprinkle over the top with a thin layer of bread crumbs. (this will prevent the cake from sticking) Add the batter to the tin.
- Cook in a oven pre-heated to 175C / 350F for 20min. (the cooking time is calculated on a tin with a 20cm / 7.9in diameter (or 1½ liter)
- Once your cake is baked, leave it to cool before eating / flipping out of the tin. (the cake will be very runny coming out of the oven, but don't worry, that is normal and will set more once cooled)
- Serve with vegan whipped cream seasoned with vanilla and a little sugar. (making a minty vegan whip is great with this. Just add pepper mint exstract or crushed mint candies)