You Will Need: (for 9-15 muffins, depending on your muffin cup size)
5dl (2 1/4 cup) Plain Flour, 2½dl (1 cup) Sugar, 1tbs Baking Powder, 2tsp Vanilla Sugar, 1-2tbs Cocoa Powder (dark european style), 100g Margarine and 350ml Soy Milk (or 100ml Soy Cream + 250ml Soy Milk)
- Melt the margarine and mix it with the soy milk (and soy cream if used).
- Mix all dry ingredients (exept for the cocoa powder).
- Then add your margarine and milk mix and whisk with a electric whisk to combine well.
- Divide your batter into 2 bowls and add the cocoa powder into one of them. Mix and add more soy milk if needed (the chocolate batter should be the same thickness as the vanilla one)
- Fill the muffin cups with 2/3 of batter, layering them for the marble effect.
- Bake your muffins in a oven preheated to 200C / 390F for 12-18min.
- During the baking time check your muffins with a wooden tooth pick. When they are ready the tooth pick will be clean after poking the middle of your muffins.
Brands I recommend in this blog are: