You Will Need:
2½dl (1cup) Water, 2dl (0.8cup) Dairy Free Cooking Cream or Non Dairy Milk, 1 pinch of Salt, 3½dl (1½cup) Plain Flour, 2tsp Baking Powder, ½dl (1/4cup) melted Dairy Free Margarine.
Sweet Toppings: Vegan Whipped Cream, 1tsp Sugar, 1tsp Vanilla Sugar (or vanilla essence) and Raspberry Jam (or Strawberry Jam).
Savoury Toppings: Vegan Sour Cream, Salt, Pepper, Red Onion, Chives, Dill and Seaweed Caviar.
(Waffle iron to cook your waffles in)
- Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl. While whisking add the liquids. (the melted margarine must have cooled down before adding to the batter) Keep on stirring while adding to avoid the batter getting lumps.
- Leave the batter to "swell" for 5-10 minutes.
- Whip your vegan whip cream with the sugars or if you are making savoury waffles mix your sour cream with salt, pepper, chives and dill.
- Now that your waffle batter has rested, cook them in your hot waffle iron.
- Eat the waffles warm straight out of the waffle iron.
Brands I recommend in this blog are: