You will need:
100g Dairy Free margarine, 1dl (½ cup) Sugar, 1tbs Vanilla Sugar, 2tbs Light/Golden Syrup, 2½dl (1cup) Plain Flour and 1tsp Baking Powder.
- Combine the margarine with the sugar, vanilla sugar and syrup. This step is easier if the margarine is at room temperature.
- Add the flour and baking powder to the margarine mix.
- Work the dough until it stays together, it can seem too dry when you start kneading, but keep on going and it will form a great and smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal sized peices.
- On a oven tray with a baking sheet, roll your cookie dough into long rolls. (doing 2 rolls on one tray, otherwise they will melt together) Gently push the rolls with your fingers, to just slightly flatten them.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in a oven preheated to 175C / 350F (the cookies are ready once they get a light golden colour)
- Once the cookies are out of the oven, cut them on a angle. This has to be done right away, if not they get hard and can't be cut at all.