You will need:
1 pre-cut loaf of white square bread, Vegan Mayonaise, 2 Vegan Sour Cream (Tofutti Sour Supreme), Dairy Free Margarine, Vegan smoked Ham or Bacon, 250ml dairy free cooking cream (or Aplro Soya Natural Yoghurt), Tartex Vegetable Paté w/ Herbs, Cornichons (also know as gherkins), Salt, Pepper, Paprika Powder, 1 Apple and 2 inches of Leek.
Lettuce leaves, Lemon, Radishes, Cucumber, Dill, Cherry Tomatoes and Vegan Seaweed Caviar.
Mix for first layer
Ham and apple layer
- Peel and cut your apple into cubes. Add them into a mixing bowl.
- Dice your vegan ham.
- Clean and cut your leek into small pieces.
- Add into the apple bowl and mix with 1 tub of your vegan sour cream,1-3tbs of vegan mayonaise, paprika powder, salt and pepper.
Mix for second layer
Herbed Paté and cornicons layer
- Empty the tube of tartex vegetable paté into a bowl.
- Cut your cornichons (or gherkins) in small chunks and add them in with the paté.
- Add ½ tub of Vegan sour cream, 1-3tbs vegan mayonaise, salt, pepper and 100ml of dairy free cooking cream (or Aplro Soya Natural Yoghurt).
- Cut the crust of your square white bread and figure out what size you want and what tray you are using for your cake. I used 7 squares of bread laying 2x3½ slices.
- Spread the dairy free margarine on your first layer of bread. (this stage is important as the margarine prevents the bread from going soggy and works as a glue keeping your cake together)
- On top of your margarine covered bread, spread the first layer filling.
- Layer another layer of crust-less bread over the first filling.
- Also spread this layer with the dairy free margarine and then covering with the filling for layer two.
- Now do your last layer of bread and margarine.
Mix for top cover layer
Margarine, mayo and sour cream cover.
- Mix your remaining ½ tub of vegan sour cream, 4-6tbs vegan margarine, 100-150ml vegan cooking cream (or Aplro Soya Natural Yoghurt) and 1-3tbs vegan mayonaise.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Now here starts the real fun part of the cake.
- Spread your cake evenly with the top cover layer and start to decorate it.
- I usually use the lettuce leaves as the border around the cake and then let your imagination have a little fun and create the cake that looks the most appealing to you. Using things like the vegan seaweed caviar, lemon, cherry tomatoes, dill, cucumber and more.
Brands I recommend in this blog are:
- Alpro Soya, Cooking cream and Yoghurt Natural Flavour.
- Tofutti, Sour Supreme.
- Abba, Seaweed Caviar.
- Tartex, Vegetable Paté.