You Will Need:
100g Dairy Free Margarine, 3dl (1 and 1/3cup) Sugar, Egg Replacer (equilliant of 3 eggs), 5dl (2cups) Plain Flour, 2tsp Baking Powder, 1tsp Bicarb Soda, 1tsp Ginger, 2tsp Cinnamon, 2 ripe Bananas and ½dl (1/4cup) Caffein Free Coffee. Icing: 4dl (1.6cups) Icing Sugar, 4-6tbs water and 2-3tbs Cocoa Powder.
- Melt your margarine and whisk with the sugar until fluffy. Add your egg replacer (mixed according to the directions on the packet).
- In a separate bowl mix your flour, baking powder, bicarb soda, ginger and the cinnamon. Add that into the sugar mixture.
- Mash your bananas using a fork or a blender.
- Then add bananas and coffee to the batter.
- Bake your cake in a greased round (hole) tin the oven on 175C / 340F for 1 hour.
- Once the cake is cool, mix the ingredients for your icing into a thick runny mix. Pour over your cool cake (if the cake is still warm the icing will melt and not stick to the cake). You can decorate your cake with vegan friendly cake decorations or sprinkles. (if you want to add decorations you should do that when adding your icing, if not the icing will have set and nothing will stick to it)
Brands I recommend in this blog are:
- Fazer, Ögon Cacao