Eating the meat-less-balls in true swedish fashion they are best served with boiled potatoes, creamy gravy and ofcourse lingonberry jam
You will need:
300g Vegan mince or TVP, 1 Vegetable stock cube, 1dl (½cup) Bread crumbs, 2tbs Soy sauce, 250ml Dairy free cooking cream, 2tsp Black pepper, Egg replacer equilliant of 2 eggs and Your favourite spices (I prefer grill / bbq, paprika powder, 3mix peppers)
- Start by preparing your vegan mince, boil with the water just covering it also adding the vegetable stock (additional spices can be added if more flavour is wanted, recommended)
- In a bowl mix bread crumbs with the dairy free cooking cream, soy sauce, egg replacer and your favourite spices. Taste!
- Leave to set for 5min, it should turn into a thick paste, if to runny add more bread crumbs and leave to set for a few more minutes.
- Drain your mince and add it to the bread crumb mix. If the mix is too hot, just leave to cool down, before rolling into small round balls.
- Leave to set for 10minutes. (this will help preventing them falling apart when frying)
- Fry them in batches on a medium to high heat, using a well greased pan, that will make it easier and help to keep their shape and give you help with getting a good base for you creamy gravy. Once the meat-less-balls get a small crust and a deep golden colour they are ready to serve.
You will need:
Grease from frying your meatballs, 250ml Dairy free cooking cream, 1-2tbs Soy sauce, Small amounts of the same spices you used in the meat-less-balls and Water if needed.
- After frying your meat-less-balls add you dairy free cooking cream straight into the pan and lower the heat.
- Use a whisk and add the soya sauce and spices. Taste! If too thick add water to dilute.
Brands I recommend in this blog are: