Carrot Soup with Ginger
You will need:
6-8 Carrots, 3 Potatoes, 2 Brown Onions, 1liter (4 1/4cups) Water, 2 Vegetable Stock Cubes, Herb Salt, Pepper, 1-2tbs Fresh Ginger, 2 cloves of Garlic, Tumeric, Chilli Flakes, 1 tin crushed Tomatoes & Lemon Juice
- Peel and cut the carrots, potatoes and onions. Sauté in a pan for 5min.
- Add the grated ginger and garlic. Also add the water and vegetable stock.
- Let it all simmer for about 30min.
- Before blending your vegetables and stock together, add the spices and tomatoes.
- Now blend it all with your mixer into a creamy and smooth soup. Add a squeeze of lemon and keep on a low heat until serving.
- Taste! Season more if needed
This soup is best served with croutons. Simply cut white bread into even cubes and fry until golden in a pan with a small ammount of vegetable oil, salt, pepper and ginger. Let the croutons dry and cool down on some paper to get rid of excess oil. Also serve with crispy rolls or a fresh baguette.
Brands I recommend in this blog are:
- A. Vogel, Herbamare (healthy herb salt)