You will need:
(counted by person)
3-4 small Potatoes, 1 Red Onion, 1-2 Carrots, 2-4 Cherry Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Salt, Pepper, Thyme and Rosemary.
- Peel your potatoes and boil them in salted water for 10min. Drain them in a colander and gently shake to get a rougher surface on them. That will help them to form a crispy shell and also to suck up all the flavours that will be added to the oil.
- In a bowl, add 100ml of olive oil, salt, pepper, thyme and rosemary. Taste your oil to make sure you have spiced enough.
- Put yout potatoes in the bowl and coat the potatoes with the flavoured oil.
- Lift your potatoes onto a paper lined tray using a spoon so you don't get a sea of oil. Spoon a little oil on each potato.Cook your potatoes in a preheated oven at 225C / 440F.
- Once the potatoes are in the oven, start with the rest of the vegetables.
- Peel your carrots and cut them into quarters, first splitting them lenghtwise and then in half again to shorten them. Peel your red onions, leaving as much of the root part to help the onions stay in one piece while roasting. Cut them in half across the root.
- Add the carrots and onion to the bowl you used for the potatoes. If needed add more oil and spices. Place your carrots and potatoes on a paper lined tray.
- Your potatoes should now be ready to flip, so flip them before adding your tray of onions and carrots to the oven.
- In a clean bowl add your tomatoes, olive oil, salt and pepper (no thyme or rosmary needed).
- When the potatoes, carrots and onions are starting to look like they are almost ready. Put your cherry tomatoes on a tray or a small ovenproof dish and roast for 10 min, or until they have popped and are starting to look soft.
- Now your sunday dinner vegetables are ready to serve, as a dish on its own or a side to the vegan roast.