The cake is here served sliced with the dusting of icing sugar and red currants.
Grandmas Chocolate Cake
You will need:
1dl (½cup) European Dark Cacao Powder, 200ml Soy Milk, 1dl + 1½dl (½cup + 2/3cup) Sugar, 125g Margarine, Egg Replacer (equilliant of 3 eggs), 1½tbs Vanilla Sugar or Vanilla Extract, 3½dl (1½cup) Plain Flour, 2½tsp Baking Powder, Square / Rectangular baking tin 1.2l (
- Mix and lightly simmer the cacao powder, soy milk and the 1dl (½cup) of sugar in a pan, for a couple of minutes. Take off the heat and let the cacao mixture cool down.
- Whisk the margarine together with the 1½dl (2/3cup) of sugar using a fork or an electric beater. Until the mixture turn fluffy and changes to a lighter colour. Then add you egg replacer and vanilla sugar / extract.
- In a clean bowl mix the flour and the baking powder.
- Start alternating the flour and cacao mixtures, mixing it all in the bowl of fluffy margarine. It is ready when it all comes together into a thick and creamy batter.
- Grease your baking tin, pour the cake batter into the tin and bake in the oven on 175C / 350F for 1hour.
- After baking its best served warm right out of the oven. You can eat it plain, with icing sugar and berries or even dress it up by adding vegan ice cream or whipped cream.
Brands I recommend in this blog are: