For 2 sandwiches you will need:
8 slices of square shaped Bread, 1 ripe Avocado, 4 Button Mushrooms, 8 slices of Cucumber, 4 leaves Iceberg Lettuce, 1 Tomato, 3-4tbs of Water, Salt, Pepper and Paprika Powder (oil / margarine for frying)
- Start with cutting the crust of your bread and toasting it in a grill pan. If you don't own a grill pan, it can be done quickly on the bbq, oven or last resort your toaster. Once the bread has a nice colour take it off the heat and lean them agains eachother. Or cool on a cooling rack. (If they cool while laying down the bottom side go soggy)
- Slice your mushrooms. In a pan add your oil or margarine, then add you mushrooms and spice them up with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Now add the water into the pan and let the mushrooms gently simmer in the liquid until it forms a thick sauce. (it should only be a small amount of liquid left)
- Cut your avocado and mush it into a paste.
- Cut your vegetables.
- Assemble your sandwich using 4 slices of bread for each sandwich. You should start your layers with avocado, this will help the mushrooms and greens to stick to the bread.
- Once all 4 layers have been put together. Poke a toothpick in 2 opposite corners of your sandwich and slice it in half.
- Now it is ready to enjoy.
Roasted Potato Wedges
You will need:
6-8 firm Potatoes, Vegetable Oil, Salt, Pepper and Paprika Powder
- Peel your potatoes and cut them into wedges.
- Rinse the potatoes in cool water for a minute or two.
- Toss your now dried potatoes with oil and spices.
- Cook in the oven for around 30min on 200-225C / 390-430F. During the cooking time it is good to move the wedges arond using a spatula, this will help them cook evenly and get a good colour.