You will need:
3-4 Carrots, ½ head of Cauliflower, ½-1 head of Broccoli, 250ml Vegan Cooking Cream, 5-7 cubes of chopped frozen Spinach, 1 cube Vegetable Stock, 500ml Water, 3tbs Plain Flour, 50g Dairy Free Margarine, Salt and Pepper.
- Start by peeling you carrots and cutting them, also cutting your cauliflower and broccoli into florets. Lightly boil until almost soft, they should still keep their bite, as they will be cooked in the oven.
- Melt your margarine in a sauce pan. Add your flour and stir until it forms a paste. Now add your cooking cream, spices, vegetable stock and spinach.
- It is very important to keep on whisking your sauce while cooking it. To avoid it burning or lumping.
- Your water should be added in batches, allowing the sauce to sligthly thicken before adding more.
- Taste your sauce, spice more if needed.
- Your vegetables should be added into a oven proof dish. Pour your sauce over and let it cook and get a golden colour in a 200C / 390F oven for around 30min.
- I usually eat this dish with boiled potatoes and a vegan meat substitute on the side.
Brands I recommend in this blog are:
- Oatly, iMat (cooking cream made from oats)