You will need:
1 packet Egg Free Penne Pasta (aprox. 500g), 2 tins Crushed Tomatoes, 300-400g Broccoli, 1 tub Vegan Sour Cream, Vegetable Oil for frying, 1 Vegetable Stock Cube, 100ml water, 1 clove of Garlic, 1 large Onion, Bread Crumbs, Salt and Pepper.
- Boil your pasta in lightly salted water. They should still be under cooked, so if the pasta packet says 10min, boil for maybe 5min.
- Cut your broccoli into bouquettes and simmer for a couple of minutes. They too should be under cooked.
- Dice your onion and fry on a medium heat with the vegetable oil.
- When the onion is soft, add some salt and pepper. Also add the crushed garlic, tins of tomatoes, water and vegetable stock. (if your tomatoes are very acidic, add 1-3tsp of sugar) Taste!
- In a large oven proof dish add your pasta and broccoli. Mix them and then add in the tomato sauce you just made.
- Add the sour cream. The sour cream should be added in spoon fulls and just lightly mixed in with the tomatoe sauce. Your should still have areas of just tomato and areas of just sour cream.
- Now sprinkle your pasta with a thin layer of bread crumbs and bake in the oven until golden. 200-225C / 390-430F for around 30min.
- Serve with a fresh side salad.
Brands I recommend in this blog are:
- Tofutti, Sour Supreme (the sour cream)